jump to contents


Home »Studying in Italy »Information »European Health insurance card »

Study in Italy
Italian higher education for international students
italiano  italiano  italiano  italiano  italiano 

European Health insurance card

The new European Health Insurance Card, which is meant to replace such old paper forms as the E111 (for short stays) and E128 (for study periods), will grant all Eu and Eu-equated citizens access to immediate medical care, when necessary, under the same conditions as the nationals of the host country.

Before departure for Italy, you should request the Health Insurance Card from your local health authorities.

The European Health Insurance Card is being introduced gradually in the different Eu member states; so you may found out that the health authorities of your home country still issue an E128 under the previous medical care scheme; it will be accepted all the same.