jump to contents
Home »Studying in Italy »Information »International citizens »
The phrase makes reference to the following categories of people:
- EU citizens, from all the following member states: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherland, Poland, Portugal, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom;
- EFTA citizens, nationals of the countries which have signed the European Free Trade Agreement: Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland;
- non-Eu nationals from any other country in the world, including San Marino Republic (RSM).
The following categories of international citizens are equated with Eu nationals; this means that, with reference to admmission to and enrollment in Italian H.Ed. programmes, they share the same treatment as Eu nationals, independently of their place of residence (in Italy / outside Italy):
- a) nationals from EFTA countries (see letter b above)
- b) citizens from Switzerland
- c) citizens form the Republic of San Marino
The same provisions as those concerning Eu nationals are also applied to the following categories of citizens:
- d) non-Eu citizens legally living in Italy on a regular stay permit issued for study, work, or family reasons (see current Legislation on Immigration);
- e) political refugees;
- f) staff of foreign diplomatic offices (Embassies/Consulates) as well as International Organisations based in Italy -accredited either at the Italian Governement or at the Holy See- along with their family members (husband / wife and children).
- If you have a double nationality (Italian and other), you have to follow the provisions made for Italian citizens (the Italian citizenship prevails).
- All political refugees wishing to enroll in a H.Ed. programme may apply for assistance to the International Social Service (Servizio Sociale Internazionale - Via Veneto, 96 - 00187 Roma; tel. +39-06-48.17.605).