jump to contents


Home »Studying in Italy »Information »Sustenance »

Study in Italy
Italian higher education for international students
italiano  italiano  italiano  italiano  italiano 

Sustenance (non- Eu citizens living outside Italy)

This page has to be updated for further information please verify
Studenti Stranieri

In order to get a study visa for Italy, non-Eu citizens must demonstrate that they dispose of sufficient means to support themselves there.
Such an evidence may be given by means of economic guarantees provided by:

At present, the minimum amount of money regarded as indispensable is Euro 350.57 per month for each month of the academic year.


The mere candidacy to a scholarship from the Italian Government is not considered a valid proof of your capability to support yourself in Italy.
Therefore, if you wish to apply for enrollment in a H.Ed. programme according to the present provisions, and have applied for but not yet obtained a scholarship from the Italian Government, you must submit a document giving evidence of your sustenance capability; it must be valid up to 31 December 2005, as required from all other candidates.