jump to contents


Home »Living in Italy »Working in Italy »

Study in Italy
Italian higher education for international students
italiano  italiano  italiano  italiano  italiano 

Working in Italy

Many Italian students have some form of part time employment to help support themselves while studying. If you are a citizen of a EU member state you are eligible to work in Italy without a work permit.

All other students from outside the EU will require a work permit which is quite difficult to obtain.

The employer is required to produce a letter of employment to the Italian Police Station “Questura” but the bureaucracy can take quite a long time and your visa status may not allow you to work in Italy in any case.